Hardware inventory

Chuck Stuettgen cstuettgen at myrealbox.com
Thu Apr 22 20:56:01 CDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 10:48, Aly Dharshi wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> 	I would be really interested in hearing about a general purpose one that  would
> cover the Sun and Dell machines that we have in our data center.
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Aly.

Check out Sysinfo from

https://www.magnicomp.com/cgi-bin/mcpricing.cgi/Action=ListPricing

It isn't *free* but it is reasonable at $12 USD per system.  For 30
machines you are looking at about $360.  They have a 60 day evaluation
available.

I use a commercial network inventory program called TSCensus from Tally
Systems and they licensed and distribute Sysinfo with TSCensus to
inventory Unix and Linux systems.