Poweredge 2650 RAC firmware 3.10 - no sensors anymore

Alois Treindl alois at astro.ch
Thu Apr 22 18:06:01 CDT 2004

Alois Treindl wrote:
> I have updated the RAC formwar of a poweredge 2650 today from version
> 1.0 (or 1.1) to 3.10
>
> Now I have these problems:
>
> No sensors available in web browser interface.
>
> Also RAC.pm sripts find no sensors anymore.
>
> Is there something I missed, or is d_a1215v31_bm.exe a broken
> software update?

I solved the problem myself.

The Dell readme for the 3.10 RAC formware release tells that a RAC reset
must be made. The readme claims that this is possible via the web
interface. I found not how the web interface could do it.

But the Poweredge::RAC perl moduls could do it,
by calling $server->rac_reset()

Now the sensors are back.

The two question below remain: