debian on poweredge 750

Andrew Jones ajones at jigsaw.net.au
Thu Apr 22 17:08:07 CDT 2004

Hi,

I am trying to install Debian GNU/Linux on a dell poweredge 750 machine with
the PERC SCSI RAID controller.

I am using the bf24 version of the kernel. I am having trouble getting
Debian to recognise the RAID controller. I have the aacraid driver compiled
into the kernel (default) and am trying to load the megaraid driver from a
disk which I compiled on a separate machine, this fails. I have trawled the
net but so far, haven't found anything of use.

It works straight away if I install Redhat, but I need debian. Do I need
other modules or more up-to-date modules?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Andrew