nic bonding on pe8450 locks up

David Titzer dtitzer at cablespeed.com
Thu Apr 22 12:04:00 CDT 2004

Hello Daniel,

Thursday, April 22, 2004, 9:45:33 AM, you wrote:

DW> Mark,

DW> You might want to send David the init scripts (grep -i bond
DW> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/* on RedHat).  I see things like
DW> "/sbin/ip link set dev ${DEVICE} up" and
DW> "ifenslave ${RFLAG} ${MASTER} ${DEVICE}"

DW> David could probably cook up something manually in SuSe or at least grep for
DW> these commands for the equivalents in SuSe.

DW> Regards,
DW> Dan W.

DW> On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 03:59:59PM +0000, Mark Watts wrote:
>> > Thanks, Mark, but it appears that Mandrake is a closer cousin to
>> > RedHat than to SuSE. I don't have interface config scripts like this,
>> > only SuSE's rc.config.
>>
>> Sorry I can't be much more help.
>>
>> Mark.

I'm a can-do type. I'll see what those scripts are trying to do, and
possibly hammer them into place on my SuSE server.

For what it's worth, Dell is horribly RedHat-centric. We run SuSE
because we were running a down-rev'ed version of Oracle, and it fit
the Oracle support matrix. Oracle supports SuSE pretty well.

-dat

--
Best regards,
 David                            mailto:dtitzer at cablespeed.com