nic bonding on pe8450 locks up

Daniel Widyono widyono at
Thu Apr 22 08:45:01 CDT 2004

You might want to send David the init scripts (grep -i bond
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/* on RedHat).  I see things like
"/sbin/ip link set dev ${DEVICE} up" and
"ifenslave ${RFLAG} ${MASTER} ${DEVICE}"

David could probably cook up something manually in SuSe or at least grep for
these commands for the equivalents in SuSe.

Dan W.

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 03:59:59PM +0000, Mark Watts wrote:
> > Thanks, Mark, but it appears that Mandrake is a closer cousin to
> > RedHat than to SuSE. I don't have interface config scripts like this,
> > only SuSE's rc.config.
> Sorry I can't be much more help.
> Mark.
-- Daniel Widyono
-- Liniac Project,     CIS Dept.,    SEAS,    University of Pennsylvania
-- Mail: CIS Dept, 302 Levine     3330 Walnut St  Philadelphia, PA 19104