Hard drive detection order

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Thu Apr 22 08:40:00 CDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 07:32:14AM -0500, Kiran Thyagaraja wrote:
> I checked the hard drive detection order in the BIOS and Perc 3DC is listed
> last after the Perc 3Di.

Yeah, but Linux doesn't care about BIOS boot order (yet).

> Has anyone noticed anthing like this before? Am I missing something obvious
> here? If not, how can I reverse the HD detection order?

From an installer perspective, the only way to do this is to do an
'expert noprobe' install, manually select the aacraid driver first,
then the megaraid driver, then any other drivers (NICs etc) you may
need.  You can also put device lines in your ks.cfg if that's what
you're using, and use the 'expert noprobe' to start things off -
assuming your ks.cfg is on a floppy or other accessible device that
doesn't need drivers loaded to find it.

Thanks,
Matt

--