megaraid update RH ES 2.1 - 1750

George Bagley george.bagley at redeye.com
Thu Apr 22 07:43:00 CDT 2004

Hi

They may have removed the megaraid_2002 driver from the latest kernel.

Up to 2.4.9.e38, the AS2.1 kernel included the following drivers ( I know
because I did stability testing using all three)

megaraid
megaraid_2002
megaraid2

IMHO, the most stable of these drivers - especially for Perc4 cards is the
megaraid2 driver.

The latest stable version of the megaraid2 is included/updated in kernel
2.4.9.e40 which was released yesterday.

Boot from the old kernel, then modify /etc/modules.conf to use the
megaraid2, run mkinitrd against the new kernel, then reboot.

Regards

George