Strange disk behavior on pe1650 with perc3/di

Peter Smith peter.smith at utsouthwestern.edu
Mon Apr 19 19:31:01 CDT 2004

Have you exhausted tech support?  Is this warranteed hardware?  If you
do contact them, they'll probably have you run "Dell Elite Disk
Diagnostics" on that drive.  Have you done this already?  Also, what
type of RAID subsystem are you using on the "other servers"?  If they
are Perc 3/Di's, do they have the same firmware rev?  Have you tried any
of the other "disk" commands in "afacli"?  Perhaps "disk verify"?  Or
"disk initialize"?  What does the configuration look like in BIOS?  Is
it correct?  Does the disk not show up?  What type of drive is it that
is failing?

As for documentation, try this..

http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2003-June/025489.html

Hope that helps.