Question regarding HT (and Lotus Domino)

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Mon Apr 19 09:31:01 CDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 09:12, Rainer Traut wrote:
> Hi,
> I am having difficulties running Domino 6.51 on PE2650 (each 2GB Ram,
> 1Xeon HT enabled) servers and RedHat ES3. Though I know this not (yet)
> supported (6.52 should be) back in times of Domino R5 it was commonly ok
> to run on newer versions of Redhat than it was officially made for...
> now it does not seem to...
>
> The following is a little offtopic:
> Problem is, the internal sever task NIF goes completely mad on big view
> indexes. It seems it's a problem of size of the databse and every big
> view with size bigger than 1GB gets damaged:
> 15.04.2004 04:00:49   NIF: DETECTED STORAGE CORRUPTION ERROR 'This
> database cannot be read due to an invalid on disk structure'
> 15.04.2004 04:00:49   NIF: in /local/notesdata/xxx/doc.nsf collection
> "Web\Pläne\Ablage Eingang|webvwPlaeneAblageEingang", ID=2663150 length 53248
> I don't see any kernel output and I see this on multiple servers so I
> believe the hardware is ok.
>
> Ontopic again:
> Question is, how can I temporarily disable HT? To rule out an SMP problem.
> Do I neeed to change this in BIOS or is it ok to just boot the UP Kernel?
> I'd appreciate any feedback on the Domino problem, too. ;)

Boot with the kernel option 'noht' to temporarily disable HT.

I have no idea on your domino problem.  Although I am curious.. what
version of RHL is it designed for?  And what filesystem is the data on?
If it tries to get more direct access to the disk, it could be confused
by some of the journaling filesystems (ie ext3)