Question regarding HT (and Lotus Domino)

Rainer Traut rainer.traut at epost.de
Mon Apr 19 08:12:00 CDT 2004

Hi,
I am having difficulties running Domino 6.51 on PE2650 (each 2GB Ram,
1Xeon HT enabled) servers and RedHat ES3. Though I know this not (yet)
supported (6.52 should be) back in times of Domino R5 it was commonly ok
to run on newer versions of Redhat than it was officially made for...
now it does not seem to...

The following is a little offtopic:
Problem is, the internal sever task NIF goes completely mad on big view
indexes. It seems it's a problem of size of the databse and every big
view with size bigger than 1GB gets damaged:
15.04.2004 04:00:49   NIF: DETECTED STORAGE CORRUPTION ERROR 'This
database cannot be read due to an invalid on disk structure'
15.04.2004 04:00:49   NIF: in /local/notesdata/xxx/doc.nsf collection
"Web\Pläne\Ablage Eingang|webvwPlaeneAblageEingang", ID=2663150 length 53248
I don't see any kernel output and I see this on multiple servers so I
believe the hardware is ok.

Ontopic again:
Question is, how can I temporarily disable HT? To rule out an SMP problem.
Do I neeed to change this in BIOS or is it ok to just boot the UP Kernel?
I'd appreciate any feedback on the Domino problem, too. ;)

Rainer