Which distribution should I use ?

Kerry Cox kerry.cox at ksl.com
Mon Apr 19 08:09:01 CDT 2004

There are plenty of derivative RHEL releases. Whitebox Linux is one that
I have tried and liked. There is also Tao Linux and CentOS.
However, my personal favorite and the one which we may end up using is
Fermi Linux. It is supported by the Department of Energy and so they are
not going away soon. They have been using Red Hat since the 5.0 days.
They are coming out with a de-fermi-ized version that looks and acts
much like RHEL AS3 but without all the copyrighted icons. I believe it
will be called Scientific Linux (or SL for short). Any of these distros
look to be as good as RHEL AS3.
A simple Google search will get you the home pages of each.
Hope that helps.
KJ