Monitoring PERC3/4 using megaraid2

Seth Mos seth.mos at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 16 12:53:01 CDT 2004

At 15:27 16-4-2004 +0100, Tom Brown wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have got my systems up and runnning now using the megaraid2 driver so i
>can monitor stuff from /proc

snip

>etc - what i need to know though is the string that gets displayed whe a
>drive dies - I guess 'Offline' but i'd like it if anyone can confim that or
>tell me what the actual string is.
>I can then monitor for the presence of that string and alarm if it is there.

I like the diff kind. I use this trick with md arrays as well.

seth at christine:~$ more /etc/cron.raid_status
#!/bin/sh

diff -u /proc/megaraid/hba0/raiddrives-0-9 /etc/megaraid.status.good

Crontab entry
# Raid controller status checken
07 * * * * root bash  /etc/cron.raid_status

This will automatically notify you of raid controller changes and will even
print which one is "different" from the good config.

I believe it might even tell you about a possible rebuild state.
Cheers
--
Seth
I don't make sense, I don't pretend to either. Questions?