PE 4600

Mark Cuss mcuss at cdlsystems.com
Thu Apr 15 15:04:00 CDT 2004

Hi Adam

I have a PE4600 running RedHat 8 - it holds 8 hot swap hard drives in total,
and I think you can get a kit to install 2 more in the media bay, but I'm
not sure.

My PE4600 just has the basic onboard Adaptec SCSI controller (no RAID), and
it has given a lot of problems - it likes to throw parity errors on the PCI
bus and cause filesystem problems, etc.  I ended up disabling the on board
SCSI and installing an Adaptec 29160 card and cabling it to the SCSI
backplane...  This has been running for a few weeks without a hitch.

Thanks
Mark