Various RAID problems

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at
Thu Apr 15 10:23:01 CDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 11:32:51AM +0200, Lukas Kubin wrote:
> In last weeks we are meeting 2 main problems on our PE servers:
> 1) PE 4600 with Debian Linux, 2.4.23 kernel
> 	- on orange-ligthing display it shows "PCI SYSTEM" and "PCI PARITY"
> 	errors
> 	- we did no changes in hardware of the system

You need a newer aic7xxx driver which corrects this issue.  We
packaged up a DKMSified version of aic7xxx for RHEL3 (which
should also work on Debian due to DKMS).  It's available at

> 2) PE 2650 with Debian Linux, 2.4.24 kernel
> 	- starts for every second try
> 	- if it doesn't start, it stops just after loading aacraid driver.
> after another restart it boots ok.

This one I haven't heard about before.  As it sounds like it's
aacraid-related, please post to linux-scsi at with as
much debugging information as you can provide (kernel log messages
captured via serial console, ...)

Matt Domsch
Sr. Software Engineer, Lead Engineer
Dell Linux Solutions &