PowerEdge 1650 going bang...

mike kuras mkuras at askjeeves.com
Wed Apr 14 10:01:01 CDT 2004

> On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 09:09, Mark Watts wrote:
> All the gory pics, if anyone's interested :)
> http://www.short4.co.uk/~mwatts/images/ati.jpg

We routinely experience burned out ATI chips exactly like this.  Oddly,
Dell always acts surprised when we call it in, but it *must* be rather
commonplace.  At least they replace the core without too much arguing.

Be aware there's a recall on some 1650's, which require the motherboard
to be swapped out.  I don't know if the two are related, but you might
want to call Dell Support to see if your server falls within that

BTW, nice photos.