OpenManage 3.7 on Redhat 7.3 latest kernel

Trevor Marshall tmarshall at tirawireless.com
Tue Apr 13 17:34:00 CDT 2004

Arggh I can't get it to install.. I've put Openmanage on all my other Redhat servers but have three remaining RH7.3 boxes that won't take it.
The kernel is patched to latest 2.4.20-28.7 but getting errors because it can't load esm.o module. Some people have had this problem with earlier kernels but I have yet to find a fix for this one.
I've found some older postings with workarounds for earlier kernels but they didn't work here. I don't want to reboot to an earlier kernel these are production machines.

/lib/modules/2.4.20-28.7/misc/esm.o: unresolved symbol irq_stat_Rab429fdf
/lib/modules/2.4.20-28.7/misc/esm.o: unresolved symbol register_chrdev_Rbfa5a630
/lib/modules/2.4.20-28.7/misc/esm.o:
Hint: You are trying to load a module without a GPL compatible license
      and it has unresolved symbols.  Contact the module supplier for
      assistance, only they can help you.

This is a RH Errata kernel, the installer shouldn't fail, no? It's telling me my kernel is not supported and I simply cannot accept that.
Any help greatly appreciated this has been an annoying experience and has taken up far too much of my time already. (-;

Trevor Marshall
Systems Administrator
Tira Wireless
ph: 416.932.6294 x225