nis issue - maybe a nic issue?

Wendy.Faulkner wfaulkne at ni.com
Tue Apr 13 13:11:01 CDT 2004

Periodically, we get emails from the cron daemons on our 2650's
running AS2.1 saying:

yp_all: clnt_call: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection reset by peer

They seem to happen randomly, but they're causing processes not to
run.  I don't see any kind of errors in the logfiles, and all I could
think of was maybe network issues?  A crontab a minute or two later
will run fine so its hard to nail down exactly what's happening.  I
added an additional NIS server in yp.conf on one of the boxes, but
I'm not sure that's going to help.  Has anyone else seen this issue?
I haven't had much googling for it.  They're all running the bcm5700
network module.
--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Life is a fatal adventure. It can only
          Wendy Faulkner             have one end. So why not make it as