partition the hard drive and install windows

Matthew_Wygant@Dell.com Matthew_Wygant at Dell.com
Tue Apr 13 11:41:05 CDT 2004

You can boot to RH disc1 and at the boot prompt, type:

linux rescue

Once inside the rescue environment, you can use fdisk to delete all
partitions (fdisk /dev/hda).  Make sure you save the changes in fdisk.
Exit the rescue and then boot to XP and try again.

-mattw

	-----Original Message-----
	From: linux-poweredge-admin at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-admin at dell.com] On Behalf Of Rachel Forder
	Sent: Monday, April 12, 2004 12:03 PM
	To: linux-precision at dell.com
	Cc: linux-poweredge at dell.com
	Subject: partition the hard drive and install windows

	Hi All,

	I have a Dell Precision workstation with RHL 9 installed on it.
	I wanted to partition the hard drive and installed Windows XP
also on it.

	My plan was to go and delete linux completely and install
windows xp first and then reinstall linux on the partition.
	But uptil now I am unable to delete linux and my windows XP
installation CD says that it is not able to find any hard drive.

	Can somebody suggest me what is the way to go for it.

	thanks
	Rachel

  _____

	Do you Yahoo!?