partition the hard drive and install windows Matthew_Wygant at
Tue Apr 13 11:41:05 CDT 2004

You can boot to RH disc1 and at the boot prompt, type:
linux rescue
Once inside the rescue environment, you can use fdisk to delete all
partitions (fdisk /dev/hda).  Make sure you save the changes in fdisk.
Exit the rescue and then boot to XP and try again.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: linux-poweredge-admin at
[mailto:linux-poweredge-admin at] On Behalf Of Rachel Forder
	Sent: Monday, April 12, 2004 12:03 PM
	To: linux-precision at
	Cc: linux-poweredge at
	Subject: partition the hard drive and install windows
	Hi All,
	I have a Dell Precision workstation with RHL 9 installed on it.
	I wanted to partition the hard drive and installed Windows XP
also on it.
	My plan was to go and delete linux completely and install
windows xp first and then reinstall linux on the partition.
	But uptil now I am unable to delete linux and my windows XP
installation CD says that it is not able to find any hard drive.
	Can somebody suggest me what is the way to go for it.

	Do you Yahoo!?