RAID/NAS/DAS Question.

Brent DiNicola dellpe at elric.net
Tue Apr 13 10:52:00 CDT 2004

Slightly off subject but I wanted to get some valuable input from the
collective thinking power I know sees this list. I have a need for some
kind of RAID/NAS/DAS/SAN device about 500 GB in size. I will be connecting
this to a Linux server, and sharing the data on this through NFS to
various other Linux servers here. What I need is to know what some good
options that you have used/seen. I know in the past the PERC controllers
have been said to not be top performers and some say SoftwareRAID is the
way to go. Do I just buy a DELLish box with a PERC in it and set it up
that way? Do I just get a DELLish server and do Software.. or do I get a
dell box with some kind of external device attached? I need to get some
information so that I have something to investigate and research various
options and products. If you have ideas let me know either directly or
through the list. Thanks for any help and information.

Brent
--
Brent DiNicola
The Whitewolf of Imrryr