hardware monitoring and notification

pzero pzero at hotpop.com
Sun Apr 11 13:05:01 CDT 2004

Hi all,
I've a few Dell PowerEdge 1655MC (Blade servers) running Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 3 ES.

Last week one of the servers crashed: one of the two hard drives failed,
they are running in mirroring mode (RAID 1).

I've figured out the failed HD problem by reading the SCSI errors in the
file /var/log/messages.

Is there any good way to get notified by email about the hardware
problems for a Dell server?

Is there any centralized way (e.g. Dell IT Assistant) to monitor
hardware status for a few servers and get notifications when a problem
arise?

Thanks!