Best practices

Daniel J. Cody djc at f2o.org
Wed Apr 7 22:28:01 CDT 2004

Hi Matthew,

As Robert mentioned, the distro of linux you're choosing doesn't really
match up with the 'critical' factor. Any particular reason your
organization is choosing debian unstable over any other distro?

At any rate, a good RAID solution paired with a backup server that's
kept up to date via rsync is a nice DR option. Of course, there are
various levels of 'disaster', on the high end being multiple machines in
multiple locations on multiple networks, on the more practical end,
keeping a hot sync server ready to roll.

If you have any more detail, that'd be great with helping you out..

Good luck!

Dan
http://five2one.org/