OS updates install via KS!

Wehner, Robert Robert.Wehner at McKesson.com
Wed Apr 7 16:07:01 CDT 2004

Asim,

I think someone mentioned that you're running the rpm command in a nochroot
environment in the %post section, so you're essentially installing the
updates into the boot environment, not onto the OS you're installing on the
disk. You can run all of this without the "--nochroot" and it should work
(removing the $CHROOT variable since it won't be needed). If you need the
nochroot environment for some reason, you can run both a "%post --nochroot"
and then a "%post" version for the rpm install. If you must leave the %post
section as nochroot, you could also try the --root option to rpm. Something
like rpm -Fvh --root ${CHROOT} ${CHROOT}${KICKMNT}/OSupdates/* may work
although I have not tried that myself in a kickstart environment.

Robert