NTP unable to keep up with clock drift on 2600

Jean-Marc Pigeon jmp at safe.ca
Wed Apr 7 13:48:01 CDT 2004

Bonjour Howie Frederickson,
> Hi,
>
> We're having clock drift problems on all of our 2600 boxes.  We're
[..]
> Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this?    Are there BIOS

	We have the exact same problem here, seems when ntpd is
	in sync it try to update the hardware clock and that
	operation make the interrupt controler freeze for
	mega-milli-secondsssssss, then ntpd become out of sync.

	We fixed the problem by using 'chronyd', using NTP protocol
	but not updating hardware clock (hard syncing only at shutdown),
	work like a charm...

	Hope this help....

--
A bientot
Jean-Marc Pigeon		      Internet:   Jean-Marc.Pigeon at safe.ca
SAFE Inc.		    	Phone: (514) 493-4280  Fax: (514) 493-1946
       REGULUS,  a real time accounting/billing package for ISP
           REGULUS' Home base <"http://www.regulus.safe.ca">