High Load average when running megamon

Seth Mos seth.mos at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 7 09:42:01 CDT 2004

At 14:23 7-4-2004 +0100, Tom Brown wrote:
>Hi,
>
>RedHat 7.3 on PERC3 and a 2.4.20 kernel
>
>I have noticed on more than 1 machine that if i enable megamon to monitor
>the RAID array the load on the box will rise from 0 to .20 and sit there -
>Everything seems to be normal and working as it should but the load
>increases. I have verified this in the lab and i can reproduce it on more
>than one occasion.
>
>Has anyone else noticed this behaviour? Its not really a problem as such
>more an annoyance.

I have noticed it as well. I disabled megamon since it crashed the machine
(pe600 with cerc).
At one point it started consuming all memory and then the OOM killer went
into action and basically masacred the box.

If you have the megaraid2 driver you can monitor it from /proc

Cheers

--
Seth
I don't make sense, I don't pretend to either. Questions?