Some questions on omsa (Debian centric)

Paul paul at kbs.net.au
Wed Apr 7 07:16:01 CDT 2004

Hi Charlie,

Ill try and offer some help. Welcome to unsupported linux os, as far as dell
are concerned.
Ok so you have dellomsa installed, a good start. When you type

bash# omconfig system esmlog

do you see the system log?

If dellomsa is installed correctly and working you should see the system
log.
If it's not you'll most likely get a "user does not have permission"
message, after it prints the header and program details.
Try starting it by doing "dellomsa start" at the shell prompt, and maybe try
dellomsa status as well