Using omsa on unsupported linux OS

Steve Jenkins stevej at cheatcodes.com
Tue Apr 6 08:33:01 CDT 2004

The only way I know of (without OMSA) is to boot the machine with a DOS boot
disk and run the LOG2TXT.EXE utility. I don't know if that's an option for
you - your situation may not be able to allow you to take your box down for
the 5 minutes required to do this if it's a production machine and there's
not a redundant system to pick up the slack.

Any of the Dell Admins on the list able to get us the source code for
LOG2TXT? Someone on here might be able to port it to Linux, and we'd have a
command line esmlog reader without the need for a reboot. That would be
super-handy!

SteveJ