Using omsa on unsupported linux OS

Paul paul at
Tue Apr 6 06:09:01 CDT 2004

Hi guys,

I am desperately trying to find out why one of our servers has a flashing
orange light. Dell cannot asset as we are not running RedHat or Windows 2000
We are using SuSe8 and I've checked a few doco's and managed to find one on but it doesn't appear to start the webserver side of omsa.
The rest seems to install ok, that is omsa installed ok on SuSe8.  I can use
omconfig and read the service tag, clear the esmlog and so forth but I can't
find a way to actually read the event log to find out what the flashing
light is.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get the event log or esmlog from the