Using omsa on unsupported linux OS

Paul paul at kbs.net.au
Tue Apr 6 06:09:01 CDT 2004

Hi guys,

I am desperately trying to find out why one of our servers has a flashing
orange light. Dell cannot asset as we are not running RedHat or Windows 2000
Server.
We are using SuSe8 and I've checked a few doco's and managed to find one on
domsch.com/linux but it doesn't appear to start the webserver side of omsa.
The rest seems to install ok, that is omsa installed ok on SuSe8.  I can use
omconfig and read the service tag, clear the esmlog and so forth but I can't
find a way to actually read the event log to find out what the flashing
light is.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get the event log or esmlog from the
server?

Thanks