About large swaps...

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Fri Apr 2 15:47:01 CST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 12:45, Michael Tiernan wrote:

> I've got 2GB core and 2GB swap and I added (because we can't reconfigure
> the drives yet) two swap files each of which is 1GB to the swap space and
> I've seen them both used.

Something else to consider is that the kernel spreads out the load of
the swap files/partitions.  So, its not going to fill up your swap
partition, then start using your swap file.  Instead, its going to put a
little in the swap partition, then a little in each file, then some more
in the partition, and so on.