Dell 2650 server candidate recommendation?

Phillip Barker BarkerP at co.curry.or.us
Fri Apr 2 11:57:01 CST 2004

Hello List Members,

I would like your comments please regarding using a Dell 2650 as an email
and web server.
I work for a local government office where email and web services are
currently farmed out.
I'm no stranger to Linux, having used Slackware since 0.99pl1 but I'm
considering RedHat
due to management concerns regarding future support needs if I'm hit by a
bus.

I'm a bit concerned about the bugs I see reported on a nearly daily basis
concerning
RedHat. How responsive is RedHat to releasing bugfixes and do they make
those corrections
in cooperation with Dell?

One other question I have about RedHat specifically: Is there native support
for SCSI DLT
tape drives? I need to be sure I can generate bootable recovery tapes than
can perform
a bare-metal reload for disaster recovery purposes.

I look forward to your replies! Please reply to the list so others can
follow along.
Thanks,
Phil

--
kernel panic: system halt. /dev/coffee.pot not found.