MegaRaid 2002 Works On Install But Not On Boot

Victor Gregorio victor at opsource.net
Thu Apr 1 18:44:02 CST 2004

Thanks for the reply, John.  Booting into the UP kernel worked.  I am
getting an error when I try and build initrd for the SMP kernel though...

Command:
/sbin/mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.4.9-e.12smp.img 2.4.9-e.12smp -f

Error:
/sbin:/mkinitrd:
[:/lib/modules/2.4.9-e.12smp/./kernel/addon/megaraid_2002/megaraid_2002.o:
binary operator expected

I tried rebooting into SMP and had the same problem I originally had.
The system kernel panics after a series of unresolved symbol errors from
megaraid_2002.o.

Any thoughts on the "binary operator expected" error?

Thanks, Victor.