Red Hat Enterprise Linux v3 now out

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Oct 31 13:20:01 CST 2003

Quoting Philip Rowlands <phr at doc.ic.ac.uk>:

> Why would F-L need to exist before 7.3 EOL?

Because its job is to continue support for 7.3, no?  So if it doesn't
exist yet and 7.3 is EOL, then you have no support, right?

> Are you regarding F-L as
> some sort of separate distribution, rather than a few rpms of the next
> openssh security errata?

No, I'm regarding it as a place to get updates for 7.3 and other distributions
after the EOL.

> My understanding is that it will be the latter.
> The build environment *is* RHL 7.2/7.3 etc.

No, the build environment is where the official RPMS are built so they
can be released.  It is a machine or set of machines setup properly, and
with all needed additional support like bugzilla, mailing lists, etc.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!