I need help ver badly

Jim Laverty jim at wangtrading.com
Fri Oct 31 12:44:01 CST 2003

The tg3 driver had an issue in which if either the RX or TX packet count
exceeded 2.4 billion, the card would loose network connectivity and log no
errors.  2.4.18-27 was the first Red Hat release which actually fixed the
problem.  On 2.4.18-5 you need to reboot the box to regain network
connectivity, downing and bringing up the NIC does not resolve the problem.