kernel oops on 2650 :-(

Jim Laverty jim at wangtrading.com
Fri Oct 31 10:42:00 CST 2003

We experienced something similar with our Dell 2650s and 2.4.20-8smp and
2.4.20-8bigmem, a firmware update to the backplane and upgrading the kernel
to 2.4.20-20smp eliminated the problem.   If you can, update all of the
firmware and BIOS.  I believe our problem was in the kernel though and not
firmware related.

We are using both the Perc/3 Dc and Perc/3 Di controllers in a RAID 5 config
the same box, not straight SCSI.