Red Hat Enterprise Linux v3 now out

Xose Vazquez Perez xose at wanadoo.es
Thu Oct 30 20:21:01 CST 2003

David Chait wrote:

> There is a difference here, Fedora is a completely new/unreleased product,
> RHL was market prooven, Fedora final hasn't even been released yet. So no,

Fedora Cora is controlled by Red Hat people.
I consider Fedora Core 1, aka Cambridge, == Red Hat Linux 10
Because there is no real difference from development POV of others RHL releases.

> you are not comparing apples to apples. A 12 month release cycle is fine for
> server software IMPO as I usually upgrade once a year anyway, 6-9 months

Maybe you have other priorities, but the big trouble for most of people is
the short life time of less than 2-3 years. 1 year is enough for few people.

--
HTML mails are going to trash automagically