Red Hat Enterprise Linux v3 now out

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Oct 30 18:37:01 CST 2003

Quoting Xose Vazquez Perez <xose at wanadoo.es>:

> - to buy the cheapest Red Hat EL based product:
>    x Professional Workstation - $100

I keep asking about this product and its future, but have gotten no response.
Glad someone else at least mentioned it on the list...

I would love to know if RH* Professional is to stick around or not, and if
so in what form (box set, convince Dell to sell it, download from RH, etc).

Yes, I admit I've not contacted a sales rep about it yet, but I've asked
several times on mailing lists which RH and Dell are on, with no reply from
anyone.

> - to stay with RHL 7.2, 7.3 or 9 and:
>    x to get updates from Fedora Legacy

Which doesn't exist yet, and has no set date for existance (no build enviroment
yet, etc).  Not an option.  Can't plan on things that don't exist.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!