Redhat 7.2 on the LSI u320 (PE1750)

Dave O Connor dave.oconnor at voxpilot.com
Thu Oct 30 14:12:00 CST 2003

> Right.  You need the 'mptfusionh' driver, which is the LSI SCSI adapter
> driver, not 'megaraid', which is the RAID driver (since you don't have
> the
> RAID controller).
>
> Now the hard part - finding a copy of mptfusionh for RHL7.2 that knows
> about
> the IDs on a PE1750...
> We've got a driver disk for RHEL2.1 AS posted to support.dell.com (search
> for R56758), but not for 7.2.

I've found the LSI driver disk at
ftp://ftp.lsil.com/HostAdapterDrivers/linux/Fusion-MPT,
and have managed to do an install using the prebuilt driver disks and the
install media, but after rebooting into the system, I get a kernel panic,
with unresolved symbols aplenty.
 I could possibly build my own driver disk if I knew the PCI IDs (LSI have
the source released, bless 'em). Are they documented anywhere? I could look
into making a DKMS package if I get this sorted.
 I'd run RHEL2.1, but a combination of having to justify moving to
management, and hubris means I'll be trying 7.2 for a while yet :)
 	-DoC
 -- Dave O Connor
Systems Administrator
  V O X P I L O T