Red Hat Enterprise Linux v3 now out

David Chait davidc at bonair.stanford.edu
Thu Oct 30 11:11:00 CST 2003

> If answer is 'yes' then you will not mind to get 3 months less of
'official' RH
> support, or to get updates from Fedora Legacy or cooking yourself src.rpm
from RHEL.

There is a difference here, Fedora is a completely new/unreleased product,
RHL was market prooven, Fedora final hasn't even been released yet. So no,
you are not comparing apples to apples. A 12 month release cycle is fine for
server software IMPO as I usually upgrade once a year anyway, 6-9 months
isn't even worth my time to install on a deskop seeing as it wont have
enough time to gain stability before it's useful life is effectively over.