Redhat 7.2 on the LSI u320 (PE1750)

Dave O Connor dave.oconnor at voxpilot.com
Thu Oct 30 09:31:01 CST 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to install Redhat 7.2 on a Poweredge 1750 without a PERC/4
controller (i.e. just the scsi backplane, one disk). The 1650 had a nice
bog-standard aic7xxx backplane, AFAIR, but this new controller is giving me
some trouble. I've been told the megaraid driver may work with this
controller, but am not sure if it will, since it's not a RAID controller as
such.

I've managed to get the 1.18f megaraid driver to compile on the stock 7.2
kernel (2.4.7-10), and am building a driver floppy (not having done this
before, I'm working off various bit of HOWTOs.). Is there a place where I
can get the PCI IDs of this controller (for adding to the 'pcitable' file
on the floppy)? Or am I going the right way about this at all?

Any pointers on this much appreciated.

	-DoC

--
   Dave O Connor