Reverse engineer DFDE-packed floppies

Philip Rowlands phr at doc.ic.ac.uk
Tue Oct 28 19:52:00 CST 2003

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, jason andrade wrote:

>let me know if/when you do this - i'm willing to host a 'non windows'
>archive of dell updates here so people can fetch stuff without needing
>a windows box to extract it.

I considered an automated download and repackage of the things, but I
can't reconcile doing that with Dell's copyright statement.

I've made more progress than I thought I would today; I've got the
compressed image out of the .exe, which appears to be compressed with
some sort of LZ scheme. I now just need to work out which flavour of LZ
it is...

Cheers,
Phil