Linux on Optiplex GX270? (OT)

John_Hull@Dell.com John_Hull at Dell.com
Tue Oct 28 10:56:00 CST 2003

We have tested RHEL 3 WS thoroughly on the Precision 360, which has an
almost identical motherboard to the GX270. All of the GX270's devices should
be supported natively, including the integrated Intel ICH5 SATA controller.
Let me know if you find any issues...

	John

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Martin [mailto:ed.martin at iop.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 10:25 AM
To: linux-poweredge at dell.com
Cc: ken at cs.uml.edu; erik.nugent at cue1.umt.edu; lasker at eng.buffalo.edu;
kerry.cox at ksl.com; cmc at math.hmc.edu; crhea at mayo.edu; jason at rtfmconsult.com
Subject: RE: Linux on Optiplex GX270? (OT)

Thanks very much for all the responses.  Good, useful, feedback. We are
going to go ahead and try RHEL WSv3 on a GX270, and see how we get on.  But
it sounds promising.

Yours,

Ed

---
Ed Martin
Head of Systems and Network Performance
IOP Publishing Ltd
Dirac House, Temple Back
Bristol  BS1 6BE
ddi: +44 (0)117 930 1102
www:  http://www.iop.org

Institute of Physics
Registered charity No. 293851
76 Portland Place, London, W1B 1NT, England

IOP Publishing Limited
Registered in England under Registration No 467514.
Registered Office: Dirac House, Temple Back, Bristol BS1 6BE England

This e-mail message has been checked for the presence of computer viruses.