Any hints for DRAC II on PE 400SC?

Mike Carlton mike at repomanager.com
Mon Oct 27 19:59:01 CST 2003

I'm trying to get basic remote reboot capability via the older DRAC II
card.  I realise that this is not a supported machine for the DRAC II,
but the cards can be had for $20 on ebay so I decided to give it a try.

I'm hoping to use the client software at
http://lanceerplaats.nl/PowerEdge/RAC/ so I don't really need dell OMSA
client support (it doesn't want to install anyway).

I'm running RH9 and have got the radadm 2.5.0, DRAC-common 2.5.0, Server
Administrator 1.0 and dellomsa packages installed.  The driver seems to
recognize the card and the modules all load.

Racconf gives this output:

> Firmware Version     : 2.30
> Firmware Build Date  : Jun 20 2000
> Processor            : i960 JA
> Processor Speed      : 16 Mhz
> Memory Size          : 16 MB
> ROM Size             : 2 MB
> NVRAM Size           : 128 KB
> Modem Type           : Absent
> Host Bridge          : MG9063
> Network Controller   : SMC 91C96
> NIC Address          : 00  40  d9  01  27  17
> IP Address           : 10.0.0.1
> Subnet Mask          : 0.0.0.0
> PCMCIA Controller    : CL6710
> PC Card Manufacturer :
> PC Card Product Name :
>
> Utility Build Date   : Oct  7 2002
> Utility Build Time   : 14:15:28
> Utility Version      : 2.5.0.0
>
> DRAC Configuration Utility - Version  2.5.0.0
> Copyright (c) American Megatrends, Inc. 1999-2000

Can anyone tell me how to change the IP card of the RAC?  That's my
first step to see if I can talk to it and hopefully controll it...

Thanks,
--Mike Carlton