Tape backup - Retrospect

Karthik Viswanathan vkaru at iastate.edu
Sun Oct 26 14:56:01 CST 2003

I have Retrospect windows server for the backup system. And I have  linux
client software is installed on a PE 4600 with a DLTtape drive running
RedHat 9. I would like to take backups to the the tape drive on the PE 4600
from the windows machine having Retrospect server version installed. It
would be easy if I could mount the tape drive to some place like
/mnt/tapedrive but as far as I know its not possible to mount the tape
drive. If there is any way to do this or any work around, please let me know.

Thanks
Karthik.