e1000 card won't work in a PE2500, will in a 2600.

Mark_Relihan@Dell.com Mark_Relihan at Dell.com
Fri Oct 24 03:23:00 CDT 2003

The hard specs for the system are:

PE2500
Seven expansion slots - PCI slots are on three separate Peer buses
(64-bit/66Mhz, 64-bit/33Mhz, and 32bit/33Mhz buses)
Two 64-bit/66Mhz PCI aka Green
Three 64bit/33MHz PCI
Two 32bit/33MHz PCI slot (Slot 7 has the additional DRAC 2 connector)

Intel NIC
One open PCI busmaster slot, 32-bit or 64-bit, operating at 33 or 66 MHz
One open PCI-X slot operating at 66, 100, or 133 MHz

The NIC card will work with 3.3v due to that being the new "better" spec for
hardware. You can tell the voltage looking at the slot key the 3.3v have a
plastic bar 1" from the end of the card, the end closest to the retaining
screw. The 5v is at the other end. On you NIC you will see two cut outs for
both plastic bars and this just means the card is universal. Going forward
3.3v will be the standard and 5v will start to go away (at least that's what
the hardware gods whisper in my ear ;-)).

This PDF will give you some idea of what I'm trying to say

http://www.systran.com/ftp/literature/ft/tn4017.pdf

I found it on google.com

Mark