ENOMEM errors on AS 2.1 and PE2650

Thu Oct 23 08:38:00 CDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 07:31, Marvin Blackburn wrote:
> While doing some large copies from local disks to a san, I get the
> following errors:
>
> ENOMEM journal_alloc_journal_head
> ENOMEM in d0_get_write_access

These indicate the kernel doesn't have enough memory to do its work.

> Any ideas on what might be causing this?

You don't mention what kernel you're running.  There have been
signficant memory handling issues resolved with later RHEL2.1 errata
kernels.  2.4.9-e.27 is the latest available.  If you're running -e.3,
it's likely you're running into memory pressure handling issues which
have been resolved in later errata kernels.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch