Kernel Message: ISR called reentrantly!!

David_Papasan@Dell.com David_Papasan at Dell.com
Thu Oct 23 08:31:01 CDT 2003

>Recently a couple of our more heavily loaded PE 2600s have started
>getting the following error showing up in dmesg:
>
>ISR called reentrantly!!

Check to see if a consistency check or rebuild is running, you will get this
when the mailbox is busy etc.
As the last person pointed out it's generally a harmless information message
despite the "!!".

Also is the system becoming IO Bound by the disk systems ? If this is coming
up a lot might be worth looking into as it's normally only seen during heavy
IO :)