Buy RHEL 3 from Dell or Red Hat?

Brian Guy brian at sambizsys.com
Wed Oct 22 15:50:00 CDT 2003

Hello,

My 5 PowerEdge 1600SC servers arrived today (with no OS), and I am getting ready to purchase 5 x RHEL ES 3.0 Standard Edition.  Should I buy the software from Red Hat directly or from Dell?  Do folks find the support to be better from Dell or from Red Hat?

I currently have no relationship with either Dell or Red Hat, and I am trying to decide which relationship to pursue for support of these servers.

Thanks in advance for any insights/recommendations.

Brian