Red Hat Enterprise Linux v3 now out

Matt Clark matt at ymogen.net
Wed Oct 22 14:00:00 CDT 2003

If the license is broadly similar to RHEL 2.1 (the licenses aren't up on redhat.com yet) then it will be permitted to run WS on any
hardware you like, you just have to accept that it's not _supported_ on anything bigger than 2 cpus and 4GB of RAM.

So I'm planning to just buy WS for all but a few absolutely critical servers.  OK, so it doesn't come with bind, or dhcpd, or a few
other odds and ends.  I think I can compile those myself if need be, especially as the SRPMs are available in any case.