Upgrading from RH7.3 to RH9

nathan r. hruby nhruby at uga.edu
Wed Oct 22 10:50:00 CDT 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Pablo Barroso Cubillas wrote:

> Hi, I'm thinking of upgrading from RH7.3 to RH9
>

> - Platform: PEdge 2650 with PERC RAID5
> - Reasons: Number of "process-like threads" when running Weblogic. Need
> to try the new threading model.
>

> Anyone can give me some feedback?

If this is a test, I'd try the new Red Hat Enterprise 3.0 Beta release,
called Taroon (available at most mirrors in the linux/beta directory).
It has the NTPL threading kernel like RHL 9 plus it, not RHL 9, will be
the product that will be officially supported by BEA, Oracle, Dell, etc..

-n

nathan hruby <nhruby at uga.edu>
uga enterprise information technology services
production systems support
metaphysically wrinkle-free