PERC 3D/i Problems

bscott@ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Tue Oct 21 18:33:01 CDT 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, at 12:04am, Matt_Domsch at dell.com wrote:
>> The Adaptec raid cards that use aacraid just plain suck and dell has no
>> plans to fix the problem.
>
> I wouldn't characterize this as such.  Work is being done to understand
> the problem, then fix it.  ...  So just because no solution has been
> announced doesn't mean it isn't being worked on.

  I suspect this feeling (from the OP) comes from the following:

  - Problems with "aacraid" have been frequent and long-standing.
  - Documentation on these issues from Dell is almost non-existent.
  - There has been no indication of progress from Dell or Adaptec.

  All in all, it is quite easy to get the feeling that Dell is trying to
"sweep this under the rug", if you will.  I'm sure you and other fine
engineering people at Dell don't feel that way, and I'm sure you're working
to fix it, but in the meantime, everyone else is just kind of stuck waiting.
That's not a good thing.  We're your customers.  We don't like feeling like
we're being kept in the dark.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>