dellmgr: Failed To Open Driver node /dev/megamon0

John john at radiogate.com
Tue Oct 21 11:45:00 CDT 2003

Hey All,

Having some trouble w/ 2  PowerEdge 2450's and RedHat 9 (2.4.20-8).  The
installs go fine, but I can't for the life of me get the dellmgr software to
find the Perc3/Si.  Updated the firmware on the Perc3/Si to 2.7-1, I
recompiled custom kernels of RH 9 and RH 7.3 installs to be sure they
included support for the aacraid drivers ( did the CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL=y and
CONFIG_SCSI_AACRAID= y ,m etc).  I've done it on both the boxes, still
nothing.

When I fire up dellmgr 5.22-0 (after TERM=linux and export TERM commands)
I'm getting:

Failed to open driver node /dev/megadev0
No adapters found.

The perc3/Si shows up fine in BIOS, during the RH Install , and when under
Gnome--it's listed as a Power Edge RAID Controller 3/Si using the aacraid
driver.  I just can't seem to get the dellmgr software to hook up to it.

So I guess my question is, what exactly do I need to get dellmgr to run on a
clean install of RH 9 on a PE 2450 w/ a Perc3/Si?

I'm no Linux expert, so I could be missing something painfully obvious.  Any
help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John